COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
(Updated: Friday, March 13, 2020)
- There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 on campus, but several students are in isolation. One has been tested and the result was negative.
- No face-to-face classes until April 6. All classes will be online.
- Roanoke College has made the independent decision to suspend all NCAA Division III athletically related activities effective immediately until classes resume on campus April 6.
COVID-19 Update covering test results, athletics, ride sharing and taxi vouchers, information technology tips and more.
"At this time, it's imperative that we do our part to continue to protect the health of our community and the world at large,” Director of Athletics Scott Allison said.
Essential campus services remain operational
Games will be streamed online.
In light of recent developments related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), I’m writing to let you know Roanoke College is continuing to monitor circumstances related to the national and international spread of the disease.
Everyday preventive actions to avoid the spread of all viruses
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.